01 SAVE UP TO 30%
02 FORGET THE QUEUE!
03 BUY YOUR CITY PASS IMMEDIATELY
You are here
It’s impossible not to visit Piazza San Marco and Rialto when walking in the heart of Venice, but the city also offers countless other experiences and places to discover.
The Sustainable Tourism team has drawn up these first five cultural itineraries for 2022, perfect for getting off the beaten track when exploring the historic city:
- Monumental churches, synagogues and scuole grandi: a multicultural walk in Cannaregio
- Dorsoduro, the art district: from Venetian origins to international contemporary art
- Beauty mirrored in the water: discovering Giudecca and San Giorgio Maggiore
- Naval art, craftsmanship and popular traditions: Venice’s Castello district
- Gardens, fashion, art and green tables: all the colours of shopping and entertainment in Venice
In addition to island Venice, the Venetian mainland also offers a wealth of natural, historical and architectural treasures to discover. For those wanting to see the city from a different angle, we recommend admiring Venice from the gronda lagunare (lagoon gutter, between the lagoon and the mainland), following this cycle/walking itinerary through urban parks and past the fortifications of the Campo Trincerato, or fortified encampment, of Mestre:
Please follow the #EnjoyRespectVenezia campaign's recommendations for a more sustainable travel.