01 SAVE UP TO 30%
02 FORGET THE QUEUE!
03 BUY YOUR CITY PASS IMMEDIATELY
You are here
- address: Dorsoduro 341 – 30123 Venezia
- phone number: 041 5225699, mobile 329 0903528
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- web site: www.forcole.com
- information for booking your visit: the workshop is open to anyone who wants to come in and watch. We are able to answer a few questions, but visitors requiring a more detailed explanation of the history, construction technique and use of rowlocks and oars will need to book a “guided tour” for a fee.
We make wooden rowlocks and oars to the rower’s specifications. Some rowlocks are purchased as objects in their own right, along with the other objects and accessories we make.
The workshop guided tour (subject to a fee) lasts between 40 and 50 minutes, but we expect the workshop to have to stop work for one hour. During the visit, we explain the history of the Arte dei Remeri (Guild of Rowlock-makers), the evolution of rowlocks and oars, and the techniques used to make them. The explanation is in Italian but, on request and when possible, it can also be provided in French and English, to be arranged well in advance (preferably with one month’s notice).